As you begin to recover from flood damage, cleaning supplies will be very important. Many cleaners and disinfectants contain harsh chemicals.
- Read the label for specific directions before you use the chemicals
- Always protect your skin and eyes by wearing protective gear such as googles and gloves
- Be aware that some chemicals and disinfectants may require more protective gear than others
- Always keep disinfectants and chemicals away from children
- If your disinfectant requires diluting always add disinfectant to water, not water to disinfectant
Choose the right cleaner for the job! Check out The Disaster Handbook at http://disaster.ifas.ufl.edu/ for a list of cleaner and disinfectant types and uses.