The Texas General Land Office will be launching their Homeowner Reimbursement Program on Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 8:00AM for residents affected by Hurricane Harvey. This program can allow homeowners to be reimbursed for certain out-of-pocket expenses incurred for repairs to their primary home including reconstruction, rehabilitation, or mitigation up to $50,000. Residents will need to present receipts in order to be reimbursed.
This Homeowner Reimbursement Program is administered by the General Land Office and provides reimbursement for:
- Removal of Construction Debris
- Structural Repairs
- Essential appliances: HVAC, Refrigerator, Stove / Oven, Dishwasher, Water Heater
- Utility Connections: Plumbing, Electrical & Gas Systems
- Septic or Sewer System Repair
- Well or Water System Repair
- Permits & Inspection Fees
Since this is a 2017 Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program, it is geared towards low-to-moderate income residents, although everyone is encouraged to apply. PLEASE NOTE – for the first 30 days of the program, 30% of the funding will be set aside for low-to-moderate income residents. This means that 70% of the funding will be available for residents that are generally NOT low-to-moderate income (there are a few additional eligibility requirements). If this program can help you, you are encouraged to apply for this program and to apply as soon as the application process opens! The program is first-come, first serve!
Residents can apply:
- Online (see link below)
- Fill out a paper application (available online or at a regional office) and mail it or drop it off at a regional office
- Visit a homeowner reimbursement program regional office for an application and assistance with the application process
The local regional office for this program is located in Sugar Land at 1 Sugar Creek Center Boulevard, Suite 200, Sugar Land TX 77478. (Note that this location is also an application intake location for the GLO Homeowner Assistance Program.)
For more information about how residents can apply for the program and check the status of their application, please visit http://recovery.texas.gov/individuals/programs/homeowner-reimbursement/index.html
For anyone needing assistance, please email email@example.com or call 1-844-893-8937. At the links below is a brochure about the program and an application checklist.