FEMA and the Texas General Land Office (GLO) are working to make temporary and short-term housing assistance programs available to residents impacted by Hurricane Harvey. There are 5 programs available for those in need of assistance:
- Multi-Family Lease and Repair – Direct assistance to repair or improve existing multi-family housing
- Direct Leasing – Enables local governments to lease properties typically unavailable to the public
- Manufactured Housing Options – Mobile Homes and Recreational Vehicles
- Direct Assistance for Limited Home Repair (DALHR) – Provides permanent repairs to homes with significant damage
- Partial Repair and Essential Power for Sheltering (PREPS) – Provides minor repairs to homes in locations with limited housing
To be eligible for these housing assistance programs, residents must apply for FEMA assistance. FEMA will determine a resident’s eligibility and contact the resident directly. The deadline to apply for FEMA assistance is Thursday, November 30, 2017. To register with FEMA, visit disasterassistance.gov or call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362.