FEMA Assistance and Services
- Sign language interpreters and materials in alternate formats (such as Braille, large print and electronic formats) upon request.
- Amplified telephones, phones that display text and amplified listening devices for people with hearing loss.
- Magnifiers for people with vision loss.
- Language interpretation for languages including Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Urdu and Vietnamese.
- Video Remote Interpreting at Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) and/or in-person sign language.
DRCs also have accessible parking, ramps and restrooms.
How to Get Assistance
For language assistance, call the FEMA toll-free number, 800-621-3362.
- You will be asked in English to press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish and 3 for other languages.
- If you do not press 1, 2 or 3, and do not hang up, an English-speaking operator will answer and a language translator will be brought on line to assist the caller in registering for FEMA assistance.
- For more information, visit FEMA resources for other languages.
Disaster survivors who are deaf, hard-of-hearing or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 800-462-7585 to register.
If you use 711 or Video Relay Service, call 800-621-3362.
For more information on assistance for disabilities or access and functional needs click here.