2016 Disasters include:
- Tax Day Floods (FEMA DR #4269)
- May/June Flooding – also known as Memorial Day flooding (FEMA DR #4272)
Hazard Mitigation Grants (Buyouts and Elevations)
Grant Update (last updated 2/5/2019):
Property Buyouts: Fort Bend County Commissioners Court has approved the use of government funding to cover the 25% cost of the local match associated with this grant. This means that residents on the buyout grant will not have any out of pocket expenses related to their buyout. At this time, the contractor administering this grant will be reaching out to residents on the buyout grant and will schedule a kick-off meeting in the next few weeks to discuss next steps.
Elevations: Fort Bend County Commissioners Court has approved a selected contractor to help with grant administration and a contract is in place with the contractor. This contractor will be reaching out to residents on this grant soon. A kick-off meeting will be scheduled in the next few weeks to discuss next steps and how the 25% cost match associated with this grant can be handled.
(The Hazard Mitigation Grant operates on a 75/25 match basis. This means that the federal government will cover 75% of all costs associated with the grant (e.g. elevating a home). The local level is responsible for the remaining 25% costs of the grant. Unfortunately, due to legal restrictions, Fort Bend County is unable to use government funds to pay for improvements on private property. This means that Fort Bend County will be unable to cover the 25% match.)
Alternate Property List – Buyouts: After the contractor reaches out to all of the residents on the buyout grant to determine who would like to receive the grant assistance and who would not, the contractor will start reaching out to residents on the Alternate Property List as spots on the grant are made available. We are unsure of when this will occur, but it will likely be in the first half of 2019.
Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery 2016
Grant Update (last updated 5/31/2018): As of late May, the General Land Office has started working with counties designated as “most impacted” (such as Fort Bend County) to sign a formal contract between the county and the General Land Office. Once a contract is signed, Fort Bend County can move forward with next steps on this grant.
To view the approved housing project applications, click the link below.