If you lost your job because of Hurricane Harvey, you may be eligible for disaster unemployment assistance. The Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) Program provides unemployment benefits and re-employment services to persons who lost their job because of a major disaster.
The Deadline to Apply for Fort Bend County residents is September 27th, 2017. To start the application process click here. You may also call the Texas Workforce Commission Call Center at 800-939-6631 between hours of 8 am to 5 pm.
For more information on the Disaster Unemployment Assistance Program check out the links below:
- Texas Workforce Commission – Disaster Unemployment Eligibility
- Texas Workforce Commission – Disaster Unemployment Assistance Information
- FEMA – Disaster Unemployment Assistance Factsheet
- National Employment Law Project – Disaster Unemployment Assistance Factsheet
- Texas RioGrande Legal Aid – Disaster Relief Employment Information (Spanish)