Child Car Seats Exposed to Flooding
Car seats exposed to flooding can be unsafe. Take proper action to ensure your child’s safety if their car seat was exposed to flooding. See below for Tips from Evenflo concerning wet car seats. Always contact your car seat manufacture if you have any questions.
Do not use the child car seat if:
- the car seat was totally submersed in water, then it cannot be used.
- the buckle or harness system was submersed or soaked with water it then cannot be used.
- the fabric cover is damp and smells like mold, then it cannot be used.
For the examples above, please follow regular procedures to dispose of the damaged car seat. If you have any questions concerning the safe disposal processes or your car seat may require special disposal instruction, all your car seat’s manufacturer.
Cleaning Child Car Seats
- While the fabric cover can be washed and dried, if it stays damp or wet it will mold.
- The harness straps may only be spot cleaned with soap and water. Harnesses can never be washed as it degrades the webbing.