This page lists some basic needs resources that may be available to Fort Bend residents who were affected by the May 2019 Severe Weather disaster. Basic needs assistance can include food, water, shelter, financial assistance for basic living expenses.
As storms and heavy rainfall move through Fort Bend County during the month of May 2019, if you were impacted and need assistance, call 2-1-1/United Way Helpline to connect with available community resources. 2-1-1 will be able to refer you to local food pantries, shelters, and other resources as they are made available.
- Can assist with food, temporary emergency shelter, utilities, medications and unmet needs.
- For residents living in the east side of the county who need assistance, call 281-403-8050
- For residents living in the west side of the county who need assistance, call 281-342-7300
East Fort Bend Human Needs Ministry
Katy Christian Ministries
- Following an assessment by a case manager, Katy Christian Ministries may be able to provide emergency food assistance, clothing and or household items, appliances or furniture based on availability, cleaning supplies, and referrals
- Provides services to North Richmond and Katy areas only
- Can help with food and household items as they are available
- Services all of Fort Bend County