The Mission of Fort Bend Recovers (FBR) is to address the long-term needs of Fort Bend County following a disaster.
Fort Bend Recovers was formed in response to the Memorial Day Floods in May of 2016 when organizations throughout the county recognized a need to come together in an effort support, sustain, and restore the community during and after the disaster. Since then, Fort Bend Recovers has been actively engaged in disaster recovery operations throughout the county. Currently, Fort Bend Recovers is fully committed to assisting the community in dealing with the effects of the 2016 Flooding and Hurricane Harvey 2017.
What is Fort Bend Recovers?
Fort Bend Recovers (FBR) is the official long-term recovery committee of Fort Bend County. It’s made up of local government agencies, non-profit organizations, faith-based organizations, and business partners within the community. FBR is a collaborative network established and maintained on behalf of the individuals, families, businesses, and communities in Fort Bend County to facilitate and implement a coordinated response to disaster recovery needs.
Fort Bend Recovers provides assistance and performs its work through work groups. The standing work groups under Fort Bend Recovers include:
- Adventist Community Services
- American Red Cross
- Attack Poverty
- Baker-Ripley, Inc.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese Galveston-Houston
- Family Hope
- Family Houston
- First Assembly of God
- Fort Bend CORPS
- Fort Bend County
- Fort Bend Dream Center
- Fort Bend Seniors Meals on Wheels
- Harvey Housing Recovery Project
- Helping Hands in the Community
- Houston Galveston Institute – Counseling
- Katy Christian Ministries
- Living Stones Anglican Church
- Mental Health America – Fort Bend County
- Rosenberg-Richmond Helping Hands
- Second Mile Mission Center
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- St Laurence Social Concerns Ministry
- Texana Center
- The Church
Mission and Bylaws and Participating Agency Agreement as of October 5, 2016
For More Information
If you are an organization that would like to be part of Fort Bend Recovers or just want more information, contact us at http://www.fortbendrecovers.org/contact-us/.